Issued on 26 January 2021 Apple have updated software supporting their products and services that closes a recently exposed and exploited vulnerability. Which is? The ability for a malicious application that can elevate privileges to gain higher level access and control critical files/functions. The exploit isn’t specific and affects different devices in different ways.
If you use a:
- Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and later
- PC using iCloud for Windows 12.0 Windows 10 and later
- iPhone using iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 iPhone 6s and later,
- iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)
- Apple TV using tvOS 14.4 Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Apple Watch Series 3 using watchOS 7.3 and later
Check and update your software when possible.
For more information and updates check Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201222
While ensuring software is kept as up-to-date as possible this is one instance where we urge you to update now, to save time later.