If your Arlo camera suddenly stopped motion recording after previously working fine, there is a straightforward fix.
This has been tested and used on the Arlo Pro 3 Spotlight camera several times now.
There are a couple preliminary steps to confirm before taking this action.
- Confirm your account subscription is active/valid,
- From the app, select the device (Device Settings –> Device Utilities –> Motion Detection Test) – and confirm the motion detection LED works,
- From the app ‘Mode’ check and confirm one of the options active includes motion detection is on.
- Remove the battery from the camera,
- From the app, delete the device (Device –> Device Settings –> Remove Device),
- From the app, ‘Add New Device’ and re-add the camera, following the app instructions.
Lastly; ensure the ‘Settings’ includes the re-added camera as part of the subscription. You’ll need to re-add it via the website page (it can’t be done from the app).